Thursday, January 29, 2009

First Blog!



My name is Theresa Maxwell, and I'm a painter living and working in Toronto's Beach neighbourhood. I'm also a mom to two small and very busy little girls, so I've decided to set up a blog to encourage myself to keep painting and also to show people what my work is like. I'll try and post a painting each day.


My style is figurative and traditional, and sometimes verges on impressionistic. I paint a variety of subjects - people, landscapes, interiors and still lifes - whatever catches my eye and looks like fun to paint. Right now I show work at several Toronto-area galleries , including Canvas Gallery, the Redeye Studio Gallery, and XC Art Restoration. For those interested in seeing more of my work, my website www.theresamaxwell.com has lots of examples.

No comments:

Post a Comment